Google is trying to transform the way people search and the way brands interact with their consumers. For that, Google is coming up with a new spelling algorithm that can better identify the wrongly spelled words.
Nowadays, one in 10 queries daily is wrongly spelled. This new spelling algorithm will use a deep neural net to significantly enhance the ability to decode wrongly spelled words. The advancement in artificial intelligence (AI) has brought out these new things.
Google has long been trying to improve its search techniques and wanted to have greater accuracy in predicting what the users really intend to know. This new spelling algorithm that incorporates a deep neural net with 680 million parameters will be able to model context and mistakes better. It is stated to run under 3 milliseconds that are faster than a hummingbird’s wings.
What is Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (BERT)?
This is the technique developed by Google for natural language processing (NLP) pre-training developed by Google. Google is using BERT for a better understanding of user searches. BERT is a bunch of Transformer encoders stacked together. When a user provides the input sentence to Google, BERT considers all the words of the input sentence simultaneously, and then it makes use of the attention mechanism to bring a contextual meaning of the words. BERT is bidirectional because its self-attention layer works in both directions.
What is Neural Net?
Neural Net is a means of doing machine learning where the computer system performs some tasks by analyzing training examples. Artificial neural networks are known as neural networks and are more or less inspired by the biological neural networks that constitute human brains. This Artificial neural networks consist of connected units or nodes called artificial neurons. Most importantly, they’re “feed-forward,” which means the data moves through them in a single direction.
Other Positives of this Development
- Beyond the spelling algorithm, AI also helps to improve specific searches that would help the search marketers pointing to specific content in a page full of information.
- It will further enhance its ability to index individual passages in web pages.
- The video creators always want to mark the key moments of a video. This AI-driven approach will help the video creators to jump to the exact spot in the video. It would tag and navigate the exact spot of the video just like chapters in a book.
- Google is adding a new feature to the Google app on iOS that lets the consumers tap and hold an image on the Google app or Chrome on Android to find the exact or similar items.
- Google is working on a feature that would bring the car showroom to consumers’ homes by the use of artificial intelligence and three-dimensional modeling.
- Of course, Lens helps the people find and buy products, but it will also help the students in learning, particularly during the time of home-schooling.
- In the search bar of the Google app on Android and iOS, the students can tap Lens to get assisted on the homework problem. The video involving the step-by-step guide will help the students to learn and understand the major concepts of math, chemistry, biology, and physics problems.
- Google has also introduced Hum to Search. This is the technique where the people will have to tap the microphone in the search bar or whistle to find a specific song.