You’re suffering from CHD, if you find 7 “Yes”
1. DO YOU PRIDE yourself on never being a burden to others? Y/N
2. DO PEOPLE WORRY that you’re not doing enough for yourself? Y/N
3. DO YOU ALWAYS TRY and avoid upsetting others? Y/N
4. DO YOU TEND TO GIVE to others and not count the cost to you? Y/N
5. DO YOU REMAIN LOYAL and faithful, regardless of what you may endure in a relationship? Y/N
6. DO YOU LIKE TO MAKE yourself useful to other people even when they don’t appreciate it? Y/N
7. DO YOU TEND TO TAKE on more work for close ones, even if it puts you under extra pressure? Y/N
8. DO YOU FEEL GREAT when you’re being kind or advising someone? Y/N
9. DO YOU OFTEN HELP close friends more than you intend to? Y/N
10. DO YOU FREQUENTLY cancel dates with friends because you’re busy doing someone a favor? Y/N
Relate to you: Imagine a situation you’re ever been to a dazzling shopping mall for purchasing a “birthday gift “for a friend and ended up shopping things like a feng shui pyramid for your aunt, a silver key-ring for your friend or a card holder for your dad, reducing substantially your own credit card balance. Meanwhile, you forgot to purchase the birthday gift.
Next, imagine another situation, you’re been to a thrilling corporate party and found that one of your colleague denied sweet because of high-sugar level or toothache and you’re ended up giving the contact number of the dentist or diabetes specialist voluntarily.
There’re few people in the organizations who take a lot of responsibility where as others don’t. That led those people into extra mental fatigue and uneasiness which may convert into low-productivity and disturbance in their private life.
Think about those situations, how do you rate those people? Is there anything normal or extraordinary?
No, it’s not normal. They could be examples of “COMPULSIVE HELPING DISORDER (CHD).
CHD is an addictive behavioral pattern, mostly predominant among women who look after their friends, lovers, coworkers and even strangers obsessively- often at the cost of their near and dear ones and even themselves. It can also be regarded as one form of KINDNESS TRAP.
More to follow………